Welcome to teacher's tonic

Welcome to my blog. I am a teacher who is committed to keeping my teaching fresh, my approach to learning informed and my classroom practice high quality. My aim is to provide readers of this blog with some insights direct from my classroom. I'll blog about activities and approaches I have used that I think are worth sharing. I'll also blog about plans I have to turn ideas into practical activities and update with insights into whether or not these worked. This is a blog for the thinking teacher.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Update on Spiral Curriculum

Several weeks later my Psychology spiral curriculum is well under way. My students seem to be engaged, they have a good retention of concepts (helped with some loop cards or follow me activities - inspired by my days as a Maths teacher) and seem to feel motivated to build on the topics further. When we return in September we will move onto layer 1 of the final topic area. I'll update with layer 2 when we're back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment